CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Almost like a Hindi movie

Family, fate, betrayal, friendship, redemption, Talibans... they sum up The Kite Runner. I mentioned that I cried in the 1st quarter of the story. Entering the 2nd quarter onwards, life settled into monotonousness. Life went on, boringly, until one phone call. A phone call which Amir dreads to answer. A phone call which is long overdue. A phone call that offers redemption.......... *jeng**jeng**jeng*

I have to say that reading it was almost like watching a Hindi movie. No, there wasn't any chasing and running around trees. Neither did anyone break into singing nor the dance troupe forming all of a sudden. Just a lot of drama. A lot of times I was caught in startles, going, "Oh, no... no..," and "That can't be it...," and "Is that him...........*long pause*..." Yups, a lot of drama.

But I love all the drama Hosseini created. I love him most for the way he shed light into the lives of Afghans before and during the Taliban regime. Full of brutality and insanity. Once again, it tells me how one country's unity and harmony could easily be jeopardised by some nonsensical believes.