CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 22, 2008

The one who finally confesses

Phil 1. 15 - 18, "Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill. The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice."

I've never been a big fan of Mike Guglielmucci. I can't even say his name right. But seriously, he made himself a bigger legend with his latest confession. We can now wiki him, i mean his hoax.

I'm not angry nor am I disappointed. I'm only amazed by how he managed to put on the show for such a long time. And I also feel that he has made us Christians look stupid and desperately crave for fame. Oh, who am I to judge? We all have our little mishaps. Unfortunately, his is magnified.

Quoting Billy Graham - thousands of aircrafts land safely at the world's airports every day - but the only time the media will take an interest is when one crashes. How true!

As Christians, let's not elaborate his mistakes. Let's not spin the news just like how the devil wants us to. We may experience many emotions now, but let us learn that he (and any other Christian leaders) is as human as us.

We all need God and close accountability.

So, will I still sing...

I believe You’re my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You’re my Portion
I believe You’re more than enough for me
Jesus You’re all I need?

You bet I will! After all, "the authenticity of worship resides not in the composer of a song, but rather in the heart of the singer" (Batsirai Chada).