CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Mamma Meeeee...... yahhhhhh


My honey honey and I finally caught this yesterday (yes, i know, we are like so yesterday). Believe me, I'll watch this over and over again.

About 5 years ago, I was at its musical with some friends in Perth, and it was oh marvelous, marvelous. The stage, the songs, the energy, the dancing, the colors. And at the end of the musical, we all stood up and started dancing while they did their finale songs. I was so tempted to do the same yesterday at the cinema. haha

I love the setting. Oh, maybe it's too bias to say how friendly the villa looks and spectacular the sea is because I love beach more than the shopping malls. Seriously. With all the singing, and dancing, and fairy lights, and not to mention the sea. Oh... I'd want to spend my whole life there. Did I mention how i love the beach more than the shopping malls?

And the spontaneity of it too. Having watched Rendition and Devil's Wear Prada, Meryl Streep is the last person I expect to break out dancing and singing in movies. She was extremely spontaneous all throughout. Though she looked gawky when she first did those moves on the pier and the roof of the goat house, this only shows how versatile she is as an actress. Apparently, she decided to do this movie to humiliate her children. If I were her daughter, i WILL crawl into a hole! But she's lovely.


Amanda Seyfried is amazing too. From being a plastic in The Mean Girls and now a love-struck 20-year-old, I've to applause her for the kind of energy she brings into the show. Alright, she sings well and she looks great too. But to act alongside Meryl Streep, the goddess of moviedom, is no easy pull. You can really see the connection between these 2 ladies. And they 2 seemed to have a lot, a lot of fun.

And if this is not enough to convince you, my honey honey, who loves indulging himself in Beowolf, Alien vs Predator, Rambo, and any other movies with sidekicks, killing, attacking, karate-chops, was seen humming Dancing Queen the whole night long.