CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Singapore

I never really get to travel without the whole coach/plane knowing my name. That's travelling with the Ongs, for your info.

Last weekend, my parents and I made a trip to Singapore to attend the most awaited wedding dinner of our lifetimes. It was my Bee Gor Gor's wedding. My cousin la. Btw, he's the only cousin from my father's side.

Anyway, I hadn't travelled with my parents for more than 4 years. That's because I'm older, I'm working, I don't have time for their trips, they don't want me to join them in their mini honeymoons, etc. That's besides the point. So, as I was saying, travelling with them can be mad-hell. My parents can be exceptionally 'kan-cheong' and throughout the journey, they'll call my name for no 'apparent' reasons.

"Are you comfortable, San?"
"Have you got your passport with you, San?"
"Make sure you don't leave your things around, San!"

I bet half the coach knew my name that night.


My parents are definately the biggest 'jokers' I've ever known. My mum made a swimming pool out of the hotel's dressing room.




You see, this is the room's dressing room. On the left is the bath tub. My mum thought that was the bathing area. And she took a SHOWER there. A SHOWER, for crying out loud. After that, I walked into an almost ankle-deep water in the room. Btw, the shower area is on the right, where the towels are hung.


Anyway, the trip was a lot of fun. Uncle put us in St. Regis, that was also where the dinner was held. And the rooms were amazing. The dinner was also elaborated. Man... only pictures can tell what I mean. So, check them out on my facebook *winks*

And of course the shopping. I met Suleen (my ex colleague) for our shopping escapade. Poor girl, I dragged her to Bugis Village. psst.. it was her first time to Bugis village. With all the sweat, noise, colours, I don't think she'll ever forget me for that. And I'm not gonna mention how much I'd shopped. Hehe...

What made this trip unforgettable is definately the family get-together. It's been long since we all come together as a family. And the chats across the room and over the dining tables. The sarcastic remarks we threw on each other. That's the 'Ongs' way.

I love my family. And shopping in Singapore.

***
Not all went well. I left my novel in the hotel. I'm frustrated not because of the loss; more so because I was coming to the end of the book. I need to know the ending!!! That's frustrating!