CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Fuel crisis

I'm seriously feeling the pinch in my pocket. Never in my life have i felt this poor. Not that i don't have money; i just feel that no matter how much i have, it is not enough.

The road was pleasantly empty today. Which helps as i don't have to burn more fuel while being trapped in the jam. Daniel took the bike today and he was in for a surprise. There were more bikes on the road today.

Taking the lift to college, I shared the lift with another man who was holding a squarish looking Tupperware. I believe it was his lunch. The food stalls outside our college was EMPTY during lunch time. That was a depressing sight.

Personally, I've nothing against the price hike per se. But I've everything against how the government implements it and not providing a substantial compensation plan for us. After all, with the billions saved from fuel subsidy, what do they plan to do with it? Are they going to build another white elephant monument? Or is it to sustain a certain minister's wife's shopping addiction?

From the last election, I've never agreed with the current federal administration. And this fuel crisis further prooves my point. It doesn't suck being a Malaysian or living here. It sucks having a weak and ignorant leader.