CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Requirements of a teacher

My 8-year-old student made a remark the other day on requirements of a teacher.

Stephy asked me in the middle of class, "Teacher, are you married?"
I answered, No.

She went on querying, "Do you have kids?"

Duh, I'm not married and i'm not that sleasy, kid!!
And i answered politely, No.


"So, you're not married and you don't have kids, then you're not a teacher, right?"


What!! Just because I'm hot, young, unmarried and have no brats of my own, I'm not a teacher???
I smiled and told her that not all teachers are married and have kids.


Stephy pondered for a while and made the most remarkable remark, "So, you cannot celebrate Teacher's Day la?" Her eyes glimmered when she stared at me.


Oh boy, she's only 8, what do i expect.
She's forgiven for being discriminative. "Stephy, it's fine that I don't celebrate Teacher's Day."


And she gave me a hug at the end of class.


0 comments: