CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Teacher's Day

Many reasons why I love being a teacher more than anything else in the world...


note: Clients a.k.a. students

1. I get to scold my clients when they are wrong.

2. If I am wrong, my clients don't get to scold me.

3. There's no deadlines to meet, proposals to rush and meetings to attend.

4. I get to threaten my clients telling them that i'd drop them as my clients if they don't buck up.

5. I get to read more (it is said that to be a good teacher, you need to be very 'smart'. So i've to read to make myself look intellectual. But i've no complains; in fact, i love it)

6. I get to complain to my clients' bosses (a.k.a. parents) if they are doing a lousy job.

7. It makes my heart smile when parents tell me how their child(ren) love my classes.

8. It makes me so proud of my clients when i see them improve.

9. I get to celebrate Teacher's Day. Well, you can't celebrate Doctor's Day or Lawyer's Day, right?

10. My clients give me flowers and chocolates and gifts for Teacher's Day.

11. I get invited to my clients' birthday parties. And they get to parade me around telling others that i'm their teacher.

12. My clients fascinate me with deep questions like, "Who created God?" (asked by my 9-year-old), and weirdest & most irrelevant questions like, "Why are u wearing this shirt" when we are talking about dinosaurs.

13. I get to be apart of God's nation and generation building plan.

14. I get school holidays :)

15. If i make a boo-boo, my clients forgive and forget the very next second.

And the list goes on...

This teaching career has been awestruck and I can only thank God for putting me in such a position to be some form of influence to the next generation.



This shout out is to all the teachers out there (tuition teachers, school teacher, lecturers, sunday school teachers, teachers of life, etc),



Happy Teacher's Day.