CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

To read or to watch?


Josh came to me the other day telling me that he had watched Kite Runner the movie and how awesome it is, but of course not as great as the book la. But according to him, it's still bearable as compared to P.S. I Love You.

Now i'm in a little dilenma. Should i watch it first or should i read the book first, or should i watch and not read, or should i just read and not watch? Such a dilenma, right? I just don't want to walk down the same emotional path i did after watching P.S. I Love You.

Not sure about you, but when I read, i begin to create vivid images in my mind. And i create a certain expectations on the characters, scenes, emotions and reactions. And of course the accuracy of screenplay is most important. By altering the story just so that it fits into a 2-hour plus movie is a crime. A good story relies not just on the characters in it, but its plots too. The plots build the story, hence making it a superb story. Simple as that. Perhaps movie makers should stick to making movies out of scripts and not books.
So, to watch or to read.... I think i'll do both for this. I trust Josh's review :)

0 comments: